Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Hello I am a 27 yearold male with one parner . I have strange

Hello I am a 27 yearold male with one parner . I have strange tingiling . Uncomfortable feeling on inside of urethra it feels like .tip of penis slighty red and a tity bit of clear discharge . Went to doctor got swab n urine tests done both came bk negative . He said its non specific urethitis or sumthing .and send me one my way with antibotics .two weeks later it stil feels the same im gona go crazy please help
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

What antibiotics were you given and how long of a course did you take?

Were there any white blood cells in your urine or blood?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello he gave medoxycyline 100mg once a day and have finished course on three weeks . Im not sure about blood cells all the swab and urine test said was negative for clymidia and gonorea ( ₩excuse spelling) ive been to two doctors and am at witts end its getting depressing just a really uncomortable tingling sensanton like rgeres stuff in tgr and when I look down urethra looks wet n alcer like thing way down duno if this is normal .externaly looks fine except for red tip of penis

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
This sounds to me like you may possibly have a herpes infection of the urethra causing your symptoms. You need to see a urologist to consider doing cystoscopy to look at the rest of the urethra and to send your urine for a herpes test. You may need to be treated with acyclovir to treat this infection. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been living with herpes for four years now .I didnt tel u that sorry because didnt think it was relevant because everytime I get a break out I just take a famciclovir pill and it clears in few days ... so im confused why has it not gone in three weeks . Yes wil go to urologist but have to wait few mounths ..are those the same medication .thanks for ure hel0 whats the best way to go about this...

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. The Famciclovir can treat a herpes infection as well. You need to see a urologist to do cystoscopy to confirm that this is the problem to see if this is right treatment.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.