Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Hello I am a 27 yearold male with one parner . I have strange

Hello I am a 27 yearold male with one parner . I have strange tingiling . Uncomfortable feeling on inside of urethra it feels like .tip of penis slighty red and a tity bit of clear discharge . Went to doctor got swab n urine tests done both came bk negative . He said its non specific urethitis or sumthing .and send me one my way with antibotics .two weeks later it stil feels the same im gona go crazy please help
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

What antibiotics were you given and how long of a course did you take?

Were there any white blood cells in your urine or blood?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello he gave medoxycyline 100mg once a day and have finished course on three weeks . Im not sure about blood cells all the swab and urine test said was negative for clymidia and gonorea ( ₩excuse spelling) ive been to two doctors and am at witts end its getting depressing just a really uncomortable tingling sensanton like rgeres stuff in tgr and when I look down urethra looks wet n alcer like thing way down duno if this is normal .externaly looks fine except for red tip of penis

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This sounds to me like you may possibly have a herpes infection of the urethra causing your symptoms. You need to see a urologist to consider doing cystoscopy to look at the rest of the urethra and to send your urine for a herpes test. You may need to be treated with acyclovir to treat this infection. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been living with herpes for four years now .I didnt tel u that sorry because didnt think it was relevant because everytime I get a break out I just take a famciclovir pill and it clears in few days ... so im confused why has it not gone in three weeks . Yes wil go to urologist but have to wait few mounths ..are those the same medication .thanks for ure hel0 whats the best way to go about this...

Yes. The Famciclovir can treat a herpes infection as well. You need to see a urologist to do cystoscopy to confirm that this is the problem to see if this is right treatment.