Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

weird sensitive bumps

hi recently i went to the doctors because i notice some weird looking bumps that are similare to pearly penile papules on my labia minorja that seem irritated whenever i mess with them to look at them, i was told that the skin was just irritated from a bacteria infection that I had at the time. its been a week or two since i took the antibiotic for the bacteria infection and the bumps are still there i am freaking out im only 17 and has been sexually active once PLEASE HELP!

Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Can you post a picture of this area so I can see what you are referring to?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i tried taking a picture of it with my cell phone and you cant really see it can i show you a pitcure of what its similar to?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Yes. Please post a picture of something similar if you can't take a good clear picture.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
This looks like genital warts. You need to get in to see your gynecologist for an exam and they may either need to prescribe a cream such as podophilox or they may need to surgically remove them with a laser to get rid of them. They will also need to do a PAP smear to make sure you don't have any concerning changes on the cervix as the virus that can cause genital warts can cause cervical cancer and you will need to be screened for this yearly. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok do they go away because im really freaking out. and they dont look exactly like it i wish i could send you a picture of what it actually looks like, but they look similar and its also only on one side

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
No,warts will not go away on their own. We continued to get worse if they are left untreated. Based on the picture you showed me, this is probably most likely warts and you need to get in to see a gynecologist for an exam.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

could it also be vestibular papillomatosis

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
That is possible, but the picture you showed me is most likely warts. Warts is a much more common diagnosis that papillomatosis
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

how do doctors treat warts

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Either with topical cream such as podophilox or by freezing or lasering them off
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

can they reappear after

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Yes, there is always a chance that they can reappear in the future as you are infected with the virus for life . There's no way to get rid of the virus. You can only get rid of the warts if they appear time to time. But there is a chance that the warts will never reappear again. You can only wait and see what happens.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i recently got the first shot for the hpv virus can that help prevent them from reappearing

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
No. Once you are infected, the virus vaccine is no good
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i once read that within two years your body can eventually fight off the virus is that true

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Yes, this is why you may not necessarily redevelop an infection in the future. Your body will eventually work to fight this off.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

is there anything i can do to help my body fight it off?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
You can decrease your chances of worsening infections by having protected sex with unknown partners.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

if i have the virus can my partner have it too even though he has no symptoms of it

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Yes. He most likely has the virus as well and there is nothing he can do except to have any warts removed that may appear
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

is it possible for his body to have fought it off without him having any symptoms

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

how is it that he has no symptoms but i do

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
He just may not have broken out with a flare yet.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

is it possible he can go without having a flare

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Yes. Not everyone has to have a flare.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

is it normal for the warts to hurt? and i also put apple cider vinegar on it to see if they would turn white but they didnt turn white so could they still possibly be warts

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Yes. Warts can hurt.

You just need to see a gynecologist for an exam as you are not going to be able to make this diagnosis by yourself.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Well i have been to an obgyn and she said that the skin just looked irritated and the bacteria infection hasnt totally went away. Also the bumps are appearing in rows close together and again its only on one side that all of this is happening

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Well you should go back for a repeat exam since this is persisting to get you the help you need
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

is it possible to get it in your mouth and if so what are the symptoms

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
No. That is not possible
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok could it be herpes

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

are warts soft or hard. and do they come in clusters or rows? and can vestibular papillomatosis be sensitive or have any pain?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Warts can come in any shape or size

Papillomatosis can also come in any shape or size and can hurt if they grow large.

You can worry yourself to death about this if you keep guessing what this may be. You just need to see your gynecologist again for a repeat exam.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

im just freaking out because i have to wait to go to the doctors on monday . could the bumps also be my vagina maturing?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
I don't know because I can't see them. You just need to see your doctor.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

heres a better picture of another example

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
That still doesn't help the situation as it is not an exam of what you have. You need to see your doctor for an exam.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

is there anyway i can send a pic to you through email because i have a picture of it but its on my phone

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
No. The only way you can post is in this chat box. But a photo is not going to replace an exam
By your doctor anyway as I likely will not be able
To see it well enough
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

is it possible for it to be on the inside of the vagina and if so how will the doctors be able to treat it since its sensitive

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
Yes. It can be in the vagina. It can be treated with any of the methods I described above.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thank you ill be sure to come back if i have anymore questions

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
No problem. Please leave me a rating so I can get credit for helping you. Thanks.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.