Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My bladder seems to full all the time, even though I am not

My bladder seems to full all the time, even though I am not drinking a lot of liquids. Feels like it's "heavy" or something. I am a 48 year old female.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Have you had a bladder ultrasound by your doctor to see if you are emptying it?

How long have you had these symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello. No, I have not had an ultrasound. This has been happening for a little more than a week now. At first I just thought maybe I was drinking liquids too close to bedtime but even in waking hours, my bladder still feels full even after I've gone.

You need to get in to see your doctor to have a bladder ultrasound done to see if you are having problems emptying it.

Another possible problem is that this sensation of incomplete emptying may be due to bladder spasms and this may be an indication of a urine infection. I recommend your doctor do a urine culture to see if this is the problem as this may warrant antibiotic therapy. They can prescribe oxybutynin is you are having problems emptying the bladder. Hope this helps.