Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

want to get your opinion about Clomiphene citrate I read

want to get your opinion about Clomiphene citrate

I read the below article suggesting this approach of using Clomiphene .

for low testosterone – a condition called hypogonadism – have been getting a lot of press in recent years, primarily because there are now several companies selling testosterone replacement products. Low testosterone, or “Low T,” can certainly be a real problem for men. The issue with trying to correct low testosterone levels by adding extra testosterone is that the body responds by shutting down its own testosterone-making machinery. That means the testicles shrink and soften and, if you stop taking the replacement therapy, your testosterone levels will drop even lower than they were before you started. It’s easy to get hooked, in other words.

Another approach for treating low testosteroneis to stimulate the body’s own capacity to make testosterone – to fortify the testicles. Clomiphene citrate, marketed in pill form as Clomid or Serophene, is a prescription medicine commonly used for female infertility. It works by stimulating a part of the brain (the pituitary gland) that controls production of two hormones key to reproductive health: follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). Both hormones are also vital to men. FSH stimulates sperm production in the testicles, and LH stimulates testosterone production.

Dr. Y : Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Dr. Y : Are you still interested in fathering children in the future?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, I still want to father children

If you still want to father children, then Clomiphene citrate is an excellent option to help increase testosterone levels and sperm count. You don't want to use testosterone in your situation as this will stop your own production of sperm. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

whats the pros and cons of clomiphene as compared to hormone replacement therapy. it seems from this article that it is much better and there is really no reason for anyone to consider hormone replacement any more.

Clomiphene citrate asked by working like the natural release of a hormone called gonadotroponins from the brain. This tells your testicles to naturally make testosterone as well as increase the sperm count. The problem with being on hormone replacement therapy with testosterone is that it shuts down this axis from the brain to the testicles telling the testicles to make sperm and testosterone. Testosterone replacement therapy shuts off your natural production of your own testosterone as well as decreases your sperm production which is obviously detrimental and someone who is still interested in fertility. This is why clomiphene citrate is much better in someone who is still interested in fertility.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I see. I have prostatitis (not too bad). will it be a problem?

No. That is not a problem.