Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

I went to the doctor with discharge coming from my penis 11

I went to the doctor with discharge coming from my penis 11 days ago and they gave me ceftriaxone and doxycycline. They then told me I tested negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea and that I likely have an NSU, but the antibiotics would get rid of it. The symptoms mostly cleared up after a day of taking the antibiotics but I finished out 10 days of doxycycline treatment.
Yesterday was the last day but I have noticed that on occasion when I check my urethra is a tiny bit stuck together, but not in a way that offers resistance to being pulled apart. Also, I can see a very small amount of clear fluid when I look inside, but it is not enough to even be able to work out. I don't know whether or not this is normal and I just never paid attention before, or if I still have some lingering symptoms that need more medication. I otherwise haven't had any symptoms.
Also, I was told to abstain until my treatment is finished. Should I continue to abstain considering this information?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI

Do you have any pain or itching ?

Any swelling in the groin?

Any pain or swelling in the testicles?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No pain, itching, swelling, or anything. Everything has seemed normal.

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hi

It is normal to have clear secretion from the urethra.It is the natural lubrication.

Urethra is slit shaped in resting stage and hence the walls will be together.

As you have taken the full course of the antibiotics the treatment is complete and cured.You don't need to abstain unless symptoms return.

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.