Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

Ive recently noticed a thickining of my vas defferens ( never

Ive recently noticed a thickining of my vas defferens ( never really felt it berfore) on the left side. Is this a serious concern? I feel young and healthy depsite my 67 years of age.
Thanks for your advice.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

How do you know your vas is what is thickening?
The vas is such a thick walled structure that it cannot really dilate in diameter.

Do you have any symptoms associated with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay.
No symptoms other than feeling a thickening in a tube in my scrotum going down to my left testicle. Based on your follow up reply I realize tha I should have explained that I feel what I think is the vas defferens. on the left side which I have not previously felt and do not now feel it on the right side. So rather than sying thikening, perhaps I should have sais swelling. ??

Thanks , Dr Y.

Is this thickened area immediately above the testicle itself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I would say the thickend area graduates larger toward the testifcle.
It sounds to me like you were describing the area above the testicle called the epididymis. This typically feels like a thick cord like structure. Sometimes, if you have an infection of the epididymis, this can become thickened. But if you don't have any symptoms at all, then I would not be worried about what you are feeling. You're probably just feeling the normal epididymis. Hope this helps.