Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am injecting PGE 50mcg/Phentolamine 5mg/papaverine 162.5mg/5.2ml

I am injecting PGE 50mcg/Phentolamine 5mg/papaverine 162.5mg/5.2ml for ED. started at 25units and I am up to 60 units. No erection yet, just bruising over 50% of penis along with dull pain after injection. I inject at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Any suggestions?
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Did your urologist do a test injection in the office to see if you even respond to this medication?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes and it worked that one time only

Are you holding pressure on the injection site after you inject?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, for about 3 minutes and massage area to move medicine around.

Well the bruising of the penis indicates to me that you are not injecting correctly and this is leading to the bruising. There should not be any bruising when you inject. You need to stick the needle straight into the penis and draw back on the plunger to see a flash of blood to make sure you are in the penis before injecting. It sounds to me like you need to see your urologist to re-demonstrate how to properly do the injections.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is the first I heard about drawing blood. To confirm that I am in the correct area of the penis I should insert needle and pull back on plunger until I see a little red in the needle and then proceed. If no blood, reinsert again. Is that the correct way. I also get a strong dull pain in the shaft for several hours, is that normal?

This is the first I heard about drawing blood. To confirm that I am in the correct area of the penis I should insert needle and pull back on plunger until I see a little red in the needle and then proceed. If no blood, reinsert again. Is that the correct way.- Yes, that is correct

I also get a strong dull pain in the shaft for several hours, is that normal?- Yes, this is due to the prostaglandin component of the medication