Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

Ihave a swollen testical, what can that mean

Dr. Y : Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.
Dr. Y : Does it hurt?
Dr. Y : How long has it been like this?
Dr. Y : Do you have fevers?

does not hurt - started getting larger over the last 4 months -no fever-its just big-about the size of a large lemon

The most likely cause of this area of swelling is a simple fluid collection call me hydrocele. This is a very common finding that is common in men. It is not the testicle is swollen, it is just a fluid sack around the testicle. You only way you can determine this is to see a urologist for examination and they may do an ultrasound. If it is so large that it is bothering you, they can do a simple surgery to remove the fluid in the fluid sac. This is most likely not anything like cancer but you need to see a doctor to evaluate for this. Cancer of the testicle is extremely rare and your age. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.