Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

Hello. I believe I have penile mondors disease. I am not certain

Hello. I believe I have penile mondors disease. I am not certain of this because the last 5 urologists I have seen have not been able to diagnose me. The issue that I am having is the dorsal vein in the shaft of my penis is extremely rigid. I know that mondors disease is a blood clot in the vein and right now it feels like the entire vein, from the tip of the shaft and into my body, feels like one entire clot. Over the years this problem has gotten worse. The shaft of my penis has shrunk a couple inches and now a couple additional veins seem to be having the same problem. This problem has been ongoing for over five years now and no one has been able to offer me any solutions. I have tried Vitamin E supplements as well as ibuprofen treatments in order to try and thin the blood but nothing has worked. I have pain every single day that doesn't go away and at times I lose all sensation in my penis making sex impossible. I need a solution whether it is a treatment plan or a doctor that is familiar with these types of issues. Right now the past doctors that I have seen have been less than willing to offer me anything and barely even look at me to try and help.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Has anyone ever done an ultrasound of your penis?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Because of the location no one is willing to try. I was ordered an ultrasound once but the company said they were not able to do one one the shaft itself.

Ultrasounds are performed on the penis in certain situations. Sounds like the person who received the order did not understand why it was being ordered. It sounds to me like you need to get into see a urologist at a University medical center where they have people who are experts at diseases of the penis. They will also have a radiology department who would be familiar with doing ultrasound of the penis. This is the only way to figure a really was going on with the penis to solve your problem. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.