Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

i have been diagnosed with prostatitis a year ago and sometimes

i have been diagnosed with prostatitis a year ago and sometimes will gte flare ups of pain from time to time and frequent urination. Lately I have been having consistent discharge only when I pass a bowel movement. Should I go back to the urologist about this? A year a ago I went through all testing with him.. prostate cancer check, CT scan, etc.. everything checked out fine.. doesn't hurt during discharge just annoying.. any advice

Dr. Y :

Did your doctor do a urine culture to try to identify bacteria?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they did do a urine culture and no bacteria

This discharge does sound suspicious for prostatitis as the cause of the symptoms. I would recommend that you see a urologist for an official prostate exam and you should probably be started on an antibiotic like Cipro for 30 days to see if this clears your symptoms up. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.