Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice
Experience:  I have 14 years experience in Family Practice which includes the treatment of most co
13781349

My scrotum is a deep red / purple colour and warm to touch.

My scrotum is a deep red / purple colour and warm to touch. I burnt my self on the sundbed the day before I noticed this and also had 2 minutes of unprotected oral sex a few days ago. I have suffered from jock itch a few weeks ago, this was on my inner thigh area, I treated this with over the counter cream and it work perfectly. I'm scared it could be an sti/d but no symptoms seem to match what I have.

Category: Urology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!

You bring in a range if possible factored here... From your initial description of red warm scrotum--- this makes me think of epididymitis... This would be infection of the epididymis which caries sperm from testicles to prostate... This is often STD ( chlamydia and gonorrhea common) but also has possible non STD causes ( ureaplasma or E. coli) ...

So from this starting point I would advise that you see your doctor about the problem...

Is the scrutiny sore as well??

Your question implies sunburn as a possible cause as well. This I have never seen a case if but it would be simpler to treat...

Jock itch - no this would not cause such changes-- rash would be dry scaling--- now Candida's dermatitis could cause a lot of redness and irritation if the skin so this would would be possible...

You need to see a doctor ( primary care or urologist) ASAP and get the problem properly diagnosed and started on the appropriate treatment....

I hope this is hope that this is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you ! If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated! Thank you and best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Experience: I have 14 years experience in Family Practice which includes the treatment of most co