Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have had chronic prostatitis for three years. It comes and

I have had chronic prostatitis for three years. It comes and goes, and the Urologist suggested ibuprofen and to check in on occasion when worse. Also, my PCP added a Medrol prescription to get when afflicted. I have some discomfort today which will I know increase in groin and wish to know if a muscle relaxer in limited use might help for a few days since Dr. Lee (Atlanta Urology) is not available until the middle of next week. Yes, I had sex two nights in a row!

John Hendricks
Age 74, very active except 'when"
Griffin GA
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

No a muscle relaxer is not going to help this pain. Are you having fevers with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No-never do,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No-never have fever with this stuff. Just annoying groin - ibuprofen helps

Should I avoid sex for a few days?

If you don't have fevers, then I would recommend just taking ibuprofen for the next 3 to 5 days and refraining from sex until you can get in to see your urologist for an exam. Hope this helps.