Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

Are there anyother tests that could be done routinely for ovarian

Are there anyother tests that could be done routinely for ovarian cancer? Just as men are tracking prostate health with a PSA test, women don't seem to get tested for any ovarian cancer till there are other symptoms and often too late.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

There has been a lot of research to develop a screening test for ovarian cancer, but there hasn’t been much success so far. The 2 tests used most often to screen for ovarian cancer are transvaginal ultrasound (TVUS) and the CA-125 blood test, but theses tests are not that accurate. If you have a strong family history of ovarian cancer, then one of these tests may be indicated. Hope this helps.