Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

I am 77, have BPH and ED to the extent that it is impossible

I am 77, have BPH and ED to the extent that it is impossible to get an erection. I have used viagra and cialis and penile injection without satisfactory results. i have tried prostate once for about 15 min. this did not produce any real positive sexual sensation. Should I continue to work with massage? what sensation should I expect. Will this improve my ability to have erection. I am able to ejaculate, even with a very soft penis, but this is not very exciting. my wife is sympathetic and also feeling deprived, even tho I am able to bring her to orgasm orally or digitally or with a vibrator.
Last question, should we consider a penile implant?

Do you have diabetes ?

Have you checked your testosterone levels?

Do you have any heart problem?

What penile injections did you use- Was it caverject?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No diabetes

am on axiron for about 1 yr don't know level at this time

no heart prob

i think yes on caverject

Caverject is only the lowest of the penile injections available for ED.

The next step is more potent penile injections like BI-MIX and TRIMIX.

These are combinations of 2 drugs and 3 drugs respectively and so obviously more potent than the caverject.I would advise you to try these combinations before going for the penile implant.

Bi-mix is available commercially on prescription, but trimix is to be specially formulated by a pharmacy for you to use.You can talk to an urologist regarding this.

Massage is not going to help much.

Implant is of course an option if bi-mix and trimix fails.

I hope this answers your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

now that you mention bi/ tri mix, I'm quite sure I tried Trimix after caverject.

If you have already tried Trimix and if it was not productive, I assume you are a potential candidate for penile implant.