Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I was on the web asking reponse to a Urology question and became

I was on the web asking reponse to a Urology question and became disconnected
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

I would be glad to help you if you can repost your question
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I recently completed a 30 day free trial of Cialis which my doctor prescribed. Though it overcame my erectile dysfunction I was NOT able to achieve orgasm. Is the purpose of Cialis to prolong erection and inhibit orgasm? I went to renew my prescription and the cost was almost prohibitive. Is there any other medicine that would overcome erectile dysfunction at less cost?

Can i ask if you are taking any other medications, especially antidepressants?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO only High blood pressure pills 20MG Lisinopril

Cialis does not affect your ability to achieve orgasm in any way. It only helps improve blood flow to the penis to allow you to have a full erection. If you cannot achieve orgasm, this is either due to some other medication you're taking or from performance anxiety. At your age, most testosterone levels can also be the cause of your inability to achieve orgasm. Your doctor may want to check your testosterone levels to see if they need to be replaced.

As far as a more cost-effective medication goes, Levitra can achieve the same effect as Cialis at approximately one third the cost. You should talk to your urologist about this to see if they can prescribe Levitra instead to see if you achieve the same erection results. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I recently underwent my regular physical exam and never realized or thought to mention testestrone levels. I will have to take that into consideration.Being 82 was my main consideration. Levitra is made by what pharmaceutical company? And is it only available by prescription?

Levitra is marketed by GlaksoSmithKline and Bayer and is only available by prescription.

I think your doctor should check your testosterone levels.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You have been very informative and I definitely will discuss this with my internist. Thank you for your advice.

You're welcome. I wish you the very best.