Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

I had varicocele veins in my testis since I was a child. I am now 73 and had 2 children b

I had varicocele veins in my testis since I was a child. I am now 73 and had 2 children before age 30. When I tried again in my mid-forties I was impotent. The varicocele veins essentially closed the pathway from the testes to the urthra.
As I get older I noticed from the mid-fifties that my erections, on occasion, were not as hard as they previously were. In my sixties to date my erections are not hard and ejaculations yield about 1 mL with no sperm (clear fluid). I have tried Cialis and Viagra on my own with little improvement. This may be a case of lost confidence.
Could the varicocele cause the ed? I am considering trying Pfizer’s CaverJect, will this work?

Do you have any heart conditions ?

Do you take any regular medications ?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Tharun:

I am healthy. I do not have a heart condition. I take potassium losartan 25 mg and Welchol for cholesterol (4 tablets/day) for cholesterol.

HI John,

Varicocele has nothing to do with ED.

Caverject is definitely better than cialis and Viagra.There is no harm in trying it if you have no heart condition.But you will need a prescription for this injection.

Other injections are also available like BIMIX and TRIMIX which are more potent than Caverject.They have higher success rates.