Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

I have tenderness in my lower abdominal region. I also had

I have tenderness in my lower abdominal region. I also had some testicle pain and tenderness in my left testicle. I have had back pain for 3-4 days. Are these symptoms of a hernia?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Is the testicle swollen?

Do you have any problems while passing urine?

Do you have to pass urine more frequently now a days?

History of kidney stones ?

Fever?

Swelling in the groin region?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problems with passing urine. I do believe I am passing urine more frequently. No history of kidney stones, No fever. Do not see any swelling in groin region. I may have over exerted myself last saturday moving 30 50lb bags of sand from store to car and car to location within my yard. I just wanted to be sure it is not something serious. Pain has subsided quite a bit. Thursday night my left testicle pain was unbearable but it has subsided and I can touch without pain.

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI Brad,

There could be three reasons for this pain.One is the muscle spasm due to the heavy lifting which could cause pain to the lower abdomen as well as along the testicles due to referring of pain.

Second is infection of the testicles known as orchitis.This is like any infection and usually require antibiotics to subside.There is associated fever most of the times.

Last is the stone disease.Stone can produce such problems with back pain traveling to the testicle. Also you have problem of passing urine more frequently which is a sign of stone in the urinary system.

But since you had severe pain in testicle while touching, there are more chances of it being an infection of the testicle.

It is a good sign that the pain is subsiding.But if the pain persists or fever appears you should see your doctor.
All the above mentioned conditions are not very serious.Only orchitis can be a problem sometimes.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.