Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

My penile shaft has a swollen vein in its base and i have noticed

My penile shaft has a swollen vein in its base and i have noticed this 3 months, some times it disappear but will come back soon, there is no pain or any other irritation.
Seems I have noticed this after sex or masturbation. But now i am afraid to do masturbate or sex, may be it will make the swelling more. I could contact a physician may be after 2 months. Kindly advice what could be this. I am attaching the picture also
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Do you have normal erections?

Does it hurt?

Any problems in passing urine "?

Any other symptoms?

Any redness over the vein?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes normal erection

no hurt or pain

no issues when urine passes

no redness or no sores or no irritations

But after sex i feel tenderness over there for few time

thanks

sans

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI

Veins are present to drain the blood from the penis and hence they are normal even if they are dilated.Some people have prominent veins and some have no visible veins.They are all just variations.It is a concern if it was painful which is not the case here.

So there is nothing to worry about it.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am trying to attache the pic and seem sit not working how i can share the photo?

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hi

There is attachment link in the typing box.You can attach through that link or you can contact the moderator who will definitely help with it.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have attacahed the pic on above thread please scroll up and have a look at red highlighted area, and this is noticeable since last 3 - 4 months, could this be some injury ?

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI

I got the picture.It seems like a very subtle swelling which may not be very significant.

Penile injury which bulges out could be due to a tear in the inner blood chambers.But in that case the erections would be weak as the blood leaks out through this tear in this space.Also there would be pain during erections.

In absence of these symptoms , I presume that this swelling is not very significant.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for answering, btw how it can cure ? should I do some precautions?

by leaving it as it is will be ok to cure itself ?

Thanks

Sans

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI

There is nothing to be cured here.So take it easy.Don't engage in vigorous sexual activities for some time.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.