Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

Two days ago when I urinated two times when I wiped there was

Two days ago when I urinated two times when I wiped there was bright red blood and there was pain while urinating. I went to my Dr. that day and he said there was moderate blood in my urine. He put me on macrobid. Three days later my urine is very dark and sinks to the bottom of thee toilet. Not having any pain in back.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI

Did he check for infection in the urine ?

Do you have fever ?

Do you still have pain while passing urine ?

Are there clots in the urine ?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no he did not check for infection, no fever,no more pain after first day, no clots. urine smells foul and stong and still settling to bottom.

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI

The most common cause for blood in urine for females is infection and it could be assumed the same in your case.

So it should be treated with antibiotics and everything should be fine.An urine test would have been more methodical way to approach the situation.But you can continue the macrobid and do the test after you finish the course to confirm that the infection is eradicated.

Once there is bleeding in the urine there is always some collected old blood which slowly clears off giving a dark color to the urine.As long as it is not bright red in color there is nothing to worry as it is just the old bleed clearing off.

If there is persistent blood even after the course of Macrobid , you should get a urine test as well as an ultrasound scan.Other causes of blood in urine can be stones, mass in the kidney or the bladder.These things can be picked by an ultrasound and hence mandatory.

Continue drinking plenty of water and fluids.Cranberry juice is supposed to help.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.