Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

The last couple of days I started having a burning sensation

The last couple of days I started having a burning sensation when peeing, and also noticed my urine was cloudy? As well when having sex I am having severe pain as if someone was stabbing me in that area. I am very worried!
Hi

Do you have fever?

Do you have abdominal pain?

How is your appetite ?

Do you have nausea or vomiting ?

Are you diabetic ?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No fever, No abdominal Pain, No Nausea or Vomiting, Not a Diabetic, Appetite is good. Only have burning sensation when urinating & cloudy urine & sever pain when having sex.

HI Rhonda,

The most common cause for this problem is urinary infection.So you need to do an urine test to see for infection.If it is infection then a course of antibiotic is required to treat it.Urine strip test can done.These dip sticks are freely available in pharmacy outlets.There are color codes to indicate infection in the urine.

It is a good sign that there is no fever, abdominal pain or vomiting as these symptoms are seen in severe urinary infections.

Drink lot of water and cranberry juice in the meanwhile.Avoid sexual intercourse till this problem settles.

I hope this answers your question and helps you deal with your problem.

Regards

Dr.Tharun