Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

Can retrograde ejaculation for over a ten year period cause

Can retrograde ejaculation for over a ten year period cause any serious effects to the body or bladder cancer? Can the pressure of the blocked ejaculation damage the bladder?
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

No, retrograde ejaculation would not cause any harm to your body, bladder, or cause any sort of cancer. Retrograde ejaculation is completely harmless. This is just where your semen flows backwards into your bladder. When you urinate the next time, just empties out of the bladder. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks again. If the semen is blocked further down the road from the bladder can the retrograde ejaculation effect the prostate too or have any other negative effect? In other words if the urethra was blocked and then released seconds later would this have any different effect on the bladder or prostate after years of repetition?
No. Retrograde ejaculation due to any cause would not have any negative effect on you.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.Just want a second opinion.Worried that the repetitive nature of the back pressure and force could damage the valves or lead to worse problems in the bladder or prostate.
HI

Retrograde ejaculation is not blocked ejaculation.in fact it is just normal ejaculation which goes into the bladder instead of the urethra.It is not due to any block ahead, but there is less resistance on the bladder side.So the semen flows backwards into the bladder as it follows the path of least resistance.

So it would not cause any side effect on the bladder or the prostate.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In this case I am referring to blocked ejaculation where the semen is not allowed to exit the penis until reaching a toilet or tissue. Does this change your answer about the damage it can cause?

It has been done for many years.

Semen is usually 2-3 ml and that is not enough to cause any damage to the urethra or the prostate or the bladder.There has to be enough volume to cause severe distension of the urethra and damage it.
2-3 ml will easily accommodate in the urinary tube with out causing any harm.

I hope this clears your doubt.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.