Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

hi doctor, i have been diagnosed with balanitis. i have tried

hi doctor, i have been diagnosed with balanitis. i have tried almost everything and no results. it happened some 6 months ago after having unprotected oral sex. can you help? my fiance is coming and i need this thing gone. i will never cheat again.

Dr. Y :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I look forward to working with you.

Customer: thanks
Can you post a picture of the area in question? (You may have to email customer service for help in this)

Does the area hurt?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
im sorry my wifi is having problems. im switching to wired connection. one miunte
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok im up, how do i enter the chat again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you asked for photos so im going to send you the pregression of how it got this bad.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are you there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

by the way it itches like hell sometimes

OK, well the only way I can provide any meaningful help is to see a picture of what is going on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im loading now give me one minute

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm getting a strange message:

You don't have permission to access "" on this server.

Reference #18.c4979559.1370574282.e1257e

You need to email customer service the pictures and they will forward to me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok one sec, ill do that now. i will do the photos in progression so you can see how bad it got.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok doc, pictures have been sent. At the moment the skin around the head of the penis is dry. when i had a shower the dry skin mostly came off and now the itching and burning have returned.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my biggest fear is my sex life and my fiancé.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have you seen photos?

OK. I will get back with you as soon as I hear from customer service
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi doc, have customer service sent you the photos. Sorry to be a pain but I'm really desperate.
No they have not. I will respond as soon as they send them to me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thanks.
I finally received the pictures and looked at all of them. THis does not look like any STD that I am aware of. THis does just look like a severe case of balanitis and you may need to be treated with a more potent prescription topical steroid called clobetazole for 4-6 weeks to try to get this skin to heal. You probably need to apply some moisturizing lotion such as Eucerin cream to the area as well. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Doctor,

Thanks for the answer. I just got the results back from the biopsy and there was some fungus present apparently. So should i continue with the clotrimazole as well or should i move to another form of anti-fungal medication. 2 days ago the skin on the side of my penis was very itchy and looked swollen. Then the next day it was dry. Also I don't know if you noticed but on the side just under neath the head of the penis is a small sore. It's quite painful. but im not sure if its a backterial infection or not.

If there is fungus present, then you should continue the clotrimazole for at least 4-6 weeks, or until it clears up. This does not look like a bacterial infection. If looks like balanitis from a fungal infection.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, is it possible that i screwed up and made the yeast stronger? i am really worried. I hope this doesn't become a life long infection. it would destroy my sex life.

No, the yeast did not become stronger. It is just not completely treated. You need to continue to use the clotrimazole until it clears up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It appears that it has spread to my shaft.

The head is not as dry as before since I stopped using soap but there is a rash on the shaft now. i am wondering if it has spread there.
If you think it has spread, you should see a doctor for a repeat exam to confirm what this may be. But you may need to apply the cream to the shaft as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok So do i still need to use the mosturizing lotion as well with the anti fungal?

I can't tell without being able to examine you. You need to see a doctor for an exam to determine this. But you probably need to continue the antifungal, not the moisturizer