Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

Scrotum is swollen and penis has retracted into scrotum. What can I do at home get penis o

Scrotum is swollen and penis has retracted into scrotum. What can I do at home get penis out
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI

Do you have redness over the scrotum?

Do you have pain or fever ?

Any discharge from the scrotum?

Any problems in passing urine ?

Since when you have this problem?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No redness pain or fever. There is a slight discharge from the scrotum. No problem urinating(have to clean up after). Have had the swelling for over a year but the retraction problem occurred a couple weeks ago.
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI Lewis,

The swelling in the scrotum can retract the penis into it and the treatment should aim at reducing the swelling of the scrotum.
Usually there has to be some kind of infection which is causing the swelling.Slight discharge from the scrotum supports this diagnosis.
Usually it is some kind of fungal infection which is normally seen.So you need to see a doctor who can start you on anti-fungal ointments to reduce the swelling.

Rarely the swelling could be from within the scrotum as in cases of hydrocele which again can present like this.This can be diagnosed with simple clinical examination by your doctor.If that is the case a minor surgery will correct it.

The size of the penis goes on decreasing as the levels of the male hormone Testosterone decreases with age.So you need to check your testosterone levels.If they below normal then supplements have to be started in the form of ointments.This may recover some of the reduced penile length and hence help in getting it out of the scrotum.
Last but not the least , increased fat in the pubic region can also contribute to this problem known as buried penis.So if there is increased fat in this region, some weight loss may show wonders in resolving this problem.

I hope this provides you with some remedies to tackle the problem you are facing.

Please let me know if you have any doubts regarding the problem.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.