Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

My friend got a OTR Inflatable Penile Implant on 4-30-13 and

My friend got a OTR Inflatable Penile Implant on 4-30-13 and said he was going to start using it. Isnt it to early to start?????????????

Penile implants are ready for cycling(only inflating and deflating) one month after the surgery.So this involves only inflating the pump and deflating it and not using it for intercourse.This has to be done twice daily approximately for a month.

He can begin coitus whenever the inflation can be accomplished without discomfort.

So at this point your friend can start the cycling process.It is always advisable to talk to your doctor before resuming the sexual activity.

I hope this answers your question.