Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

I am a 52 year old female and i suspect I have a Bladder infection

I am a 52 year old female and i suspect I have a Bladder infection or UTI. I am experiencing frequent urges to urinate and a burning sensation when I do. I have Norflox 400. Can I take it for relief? What is the recommended dose?

Have you done a urine test?

Do you have fever or abdominal pain?

Are you allergic to any medications?

Are you diabetic ?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No to all Questions. This morning it was bad, but after taking citro soda and a Norflox 400 tablet, there is some relief. I just need to know if i should continue with Norflox

HI Shirley,

Norflox is given for urinary tract infections and is effective in most of the cases.It is taken as 400 mg twice daily.

The fact that you felt better after taking the antibiotic may indicate that it could be an urinary infection which is responding to the drug.

I would advise you to get an urine dip stick test and confirm the infection.

Norflox would be one of the obvious drugs given by a doctor if there is an urinary infection.

Drink lots of water and see a doctor if you can.If you develop fever, abdominal pain or loss of appetite you should go to emergency and get yourself checked.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. How many tablets should i take. There are 10 in the pack. Should i take all over the next five days?

5 day course is acceptable for an urine infection.