Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

Hi,for the past three weeks I always have a peeing sensation

Customer Question

for the past three weeks I always have a peeing sensation on my penis and my number of visits to the bathroom have increased from 4 to 8 during the day. My urine and blood tests are normal. Please suggest what could be the reasons.

-Somu
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hi Somu,

Do you have pain while ejaculation?

Do you have abdominal pain?

Are you constipated?

Do you smoke ?

Are you stressed these days?

Do you travel a lot ?

Exposure to hot environment?

Do you drink lot of water?

History of kidney stones ?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dr.Tharun,

Nice to see your response. Answers below. Eagerly waiting for your reply

Do you have pain while ejaculation?

No

Do you have abdominal pain?

No

Are you constipated?

No

Do you smoke ?

for the past 10 years I only smoke at times not regularly. very rare...

Are you stressed these days?

No not at all

Do you travel a lot ?

No

Exposure to hot environment?

It's summer time in Ireland but not that much so can't claim it as a hot environment

Do you drink lot of water?

Well since I suspected by health about three weeks back and when I felt I am urinating more than usual and after visiting the doctor I brought in diet and exercise onto my daily routine. Along with that I have started drinking lot of water as it is a good habit.
History of kidney stones ?

No . When I think of kidney stones the only person who comes to my mind is my cousin who has this problem .

thanks and Regards

Somu

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI Somu,

Repeated peeing sensation is usually seen in cases of urinary infection or prostate inflammation.

Urinary infection is almost ruled out by the urine tests.But prostate inflammation cannot be diagnosed with urine tests, in fact it is very difficult to diagnose prostate inflammation on paper.Only the symptoms can be attributed to it if all other tests are negative.

Usually it can be treated with anti -inflammatory drugs and medications to decrease the urinary sensation.
Most commonly solifenacin and tolterodine can be taken to reduce the constant peeing sensation.Drink water as required and don't drink too much.More you drink more urine you form and hence more number of times you pee.
A short course of medications may correct the problem gradually without much trouble.

If it still persists then you have undergo an ultrasound of the kidneys and the bladder to see for other causes like stones and masses.
Till then most probably it is a temporary problem which will subside.
Try to avoid smoking till this recovers.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dr.Tharun,

Peeing sensation is gradually subsiding for me without taking any medications and number of times for the past one week is 5 per day. I hope it is a mind thing and if at all I have concerns in the future I will get back to you.

Thanks and Regards

Somu