Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

fluid buildup on penis

fluid buildup on penis. I have normal erection with no pain. I carried heavy weight and i think that's how fluid appeared on my penis yesterday. Fluid seems like gotten smaller but i'm worried. What can you advice? is it normal? will it go away?

Do you have any discoloration of the penis?

Are you diabetic?

Any pain when you press the penis?

Swelling in the scrotum?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I'm not diabetic, no discoloration, no pain when I press it and no swelling. I'm afraid fluid would stay there. An I worrying to much?

This may be reactionary edema due to the strain you underwent while lifting the weights.This will subside within few days as it has already got lesser.

Just avoid lifting weights for some time.Sleep with the foot end of your bed elevated so that the swelling resolves faster.If pain , fever, redness or itching appears see your doctor immediately.

Otherwise there seems nothing to be worried about.