I believe my father died with prostate cancer at the age of 95. He died in 2007 and I don't recall him ever doing anything about this. He was incontinent towards the end.
My PSA test are as follows:
1. 5/2006 TPSA 2.66 ng/ml and FPAS 1.04
2. 10/2006 TPSA 3.21 and FPSA 1.64
3. 10/2007 TPSA 2.83 and FPSA 1.06
4. 10/2012 TPSA 4.33 no FPSA shown
5. 4/2013 TPSA 5.87 no FPSA shown
6. 5/2013 TPSA 5.43 no FPSA shown
I have had no urinary infections and have no 'waterworks' problems. Am not incontinent and don't need to urinate overnite.
I am due another PSA test tomorrow 27th and fully expect, when I see the Urologist again on 31st, that he will recommend a biopsy. I am in two minds about having this and I prefer to 'let sleeping dogs lie'.