Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

have had penis stinging off & on & nausea

Recently returned from os bali on 10/5/13 , have had penis stinging off & on over approx. 10 days , to 2 weeks, worst at night some sweating at night, feeling some nausea now. Went to doctor on approx. 13/5/13 had urine & blood test for climidia and gonrheria and HIV all tests clear. Being treated for prostate infection, prostitis with norfloxacin ag 400mg 2 a day for 7 days. . Am On day 5 of treatment but still have symptoms ? There has been No discharge from penis, just soreness in shaft and increasing nausea . Worst at night.
Seem to be getting a little worse?

But has the symptoms improved a little with norflox?

Do you have fever ?

Are you diabetic ?

Did you get an urine test ?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi I have sweating at night on some or most nights of late. I am not diabetic. I have had a urine test for clymidia and was clear, I had blood test for standard std's & HIV and all was clear.
I think initially when started treatment the symptoms eased, but stinging to penis shaft near head was quite painful last night and kept me awake, minor sweating also. I also felt nausea last night & this morning. Mild nausea & stinging continued today, feel generally unwelll. I think the sweating has improved since been on the norfloxcin.
Hi Dave,

Prostate infection is little stubborn infection to treat as it is deep seated and drugs don't reach it easily.

That is why antibiotics are given for 4 weeks in case of prostate infection to make sure the infection is completely gone. Along with antibiotics anti-inflammatory drugs like motrin or aleve can be taken to decrease the pain and the burning associated with the condition.

Drink lot of water and cranberry juice which helps in this condition.

If problem still persists then see your doctor who can change the antibiotic to a better one.

I hope this helps you