Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

As I become aroused I leak semen, this prevents full arousal

As I become aroused I leak semen, this prevents full arousal and if I am able to have intercourse causes premature ejaculation. What cure is there?

Since when?

Do you leak clear fluid or proper semen ?

Are you diabetic ?

Do you smoke or drink?

How good are your erections?

How is the desire to perform?

Any other medical illness?

Do you take any regular medications?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Noticed it started about a year ago, seams like it is clear fluid, but looks like semen in underwear when dry.
Not a diabetic
I recently gave up chewing tobacco
erections are terrible, viagra used to work great, now not so much.
desire is great
no other illness or medications
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what next?
Hi Ted,

Clear secretions are normal during the foreplay as they are the produced by the urethral glands in the penis and not in the seminal vesicles.This is also called Pre- ejaculatory fluid.It will dry like semen only but it is not semen.
Semen is always pearly white.
Erection problem can be due to many problems.The most common is due to narrowing of the blood vessels of the penis due to advancing age, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, smoking and alcohol.
It is like heart problem where there is a block in the one of the arteries.
Usually the treatment is good control of these problems if they are present, healthy life style and exercises.Heart check is mandatory to detect any problems .Because many patients with erection problem are found to have heart problems too.

Medications are the first line of drugs to counter act the erection problem.If Viagra is not working you can try levitra or cialis.These are other drugs of the same group.

Next step is urethral tablets also known as MUSE.It is kept inside the opening of the penis before the intercourse.It has better results than the tablets.Only side effect is some stinging in the penis and minor bleeding.

Even if these steps are not working then penile injections are used to get erections.These have more than 90 % success in attaining erections successfully. Commonly used are Trimix and bimix.

Last option is penile implant.This stage is usually not reached in most of the patients and as many recover on medications or injections only.

I hope this answers your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I feel the discharge before intercourse is what is causing me to loose erection. It is more then the normal pre secretions. If I am talking or even think of getting aroused I feel discharge.
Hi Ted,

Usually pre secretions have no effect on the erection part as erection is purely based on filling of the blood in the penile spaces.

Erection is affected if there is less filling of blood due to narrowing of the arteries or there is leak of this blood from the penis(this is rare and usually happens in trauma).

Nerve problem is another cause of poor erection, as they affect the sensations as well as blood vessel dilatation.Diabetes and previous surgeries is the main cause of nerve disruption.

One problem could be some infection in the urinary tract which is causing the increased discharge.Infections can cause poor erections.But infections usually have some symptoms like itching, burning and discoloration.But still you can test the discharge and check for infections.
If it is the infection then you can take antibiotics to correct it.
But this is the usual picture patients present with.They respond well to medications like Viagra and then gradually become resistant.It is an indication for next step treatment.

I hope this clears your doubt.