Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

Ive been considering getting a circumcision as an adult. Im

I've been considering getting a circumcision as an adult. I'm wondering how this may effect me in terms of appearance - including size - as well as performance, which I currently have some trouble with due to high sensitivity. The health benefits and concerns are fairly common knowledge and easy to find, but there's not so much good info out there about he circumcision will effect performance and alter size / appearance. Thanks.

Post circumcision there could be increased sensitivity as the glans is suddenly exposed to outside environment .So there could be hypersensitivity issues in the beginning.But this gets adjusted with time.Later due to over exposure there could be hyperkeratinization (thickening of the skin) of the glans reducing its sensitivity.This can be corrected with moisturizing lotions and creams.

So things can go both ways and cannot be predicted.

The over all size of the penis will be same, but flaccid penile length will appear a little short due to loss of overhanging prepuce.The part which takes part in actual penetration will remain unchanged.

Appearance will be same as when you retract the foreskin of your penis.

I hope this helps you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. it's very helpful. Are there typically any sexual performance issues in terms of ED or premature ejaculation associated to uncircumcised males? Or if I come across these problems is it likely dueto other variables?

It is more often seen in elderly people who get circumscribed.Young people usually don't have very serious problem and adjust to it rapidly. There could be pain and discomfort in the beginning but as time goes it gets adjusted.

Chances of getting these problems will be same as in general population.