Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

I have pain in my right testicle when I stand and sometimes

I have pain in my right testicle when I stand and sometimes walking
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
HI

Since when ?

Do you have any swelling in the testicle?

Does it hurt to touch the testicle?

Any injury to the testicle?

Can you feel any dilated veins over the top of the testicle?

Any pain while ejaculation?

Any problem while passing urine ?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No swelling that I notice however it feels larger than the left.

No pain to touch and no injury

No I can not feel any veins

no pain on ejaculation

no pain passing urine...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry it has been off and on for a few weeks.. last few days it is constant

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hi

There could be many reasons why there could be pain in the testicle.

Infection of the testis also known as orchitis can be one of the cause.Usually it is associated with pain & swelling and fever.

Collection of fluid around the testicle is another cause for this pain.This is known as hydrocele.Here usually a swelling is noticed in one of the testicle which is usually painless, but becomes uncomfortable in between.

Dilated veins over the testis is another cause which can produce on/ off pain.This condition is known as varicocele.
Last option is cancer of the testis which can be sometimes painful.Usually they present with rapidly growing testis which is painless.Other miscellaneous causes are hernia, cysts etc.

An ultrasound of the testis would diagnose most of the conditions mentioned above and should be done to come to a diagnosis.

I hope this helps you understand your problem better.

Let me know if you have any doubts.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.