Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

I had seen blood in my urine. Red blood. Lately I still see

I had seen blood in my urine. Red blood. Lately I still see light pink color that means
still somewhere in parts of my body still bleeding. this happened a few years ago after
my hernia surgery. But it stopped the next day. Only experience. once. But now it seems
more serious. Yesterday afternoon I found pink color in my urine. This early morning
I saw blood like in my urine. After that sometime I still saw pink color, and some time
normal. I felt tired I am 80n years old. It worries me. Can you tell me what should I do?
Thank you.

Blood in urine needs to be fully tested to find the cause.There could be many causes like prostate, cancer, stones, infection etc.

Usually a CT scan is recommended along with cystoscopy(seeing inside the bladder).Also urine cytology and PSA is also done.If these tests are done we can come to a diagnosis more than 80 % of cases.Only if these tests come negative we have to follow up with regular urine tests and scans.

I hope this answers your question.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I'll see my family doctor tomorrow. You give me an idea of what I should ask for a PSA test & a urine cytology check up or even ct scan.

Hi Larry,

You are welcome.

All the best