Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

I had and still have pain in my left testicle for 5 or 6 yrs

I had and still have pain in my left testicle for 5 or 6 yrs now.The test they did on me showed normalblood flow and no epidimitis. Cause unknown.Any ideas on that and also the test showed a amall hydrocell on my right testicle.I asume it is not important because it was not mentioned to me.I read my records months after that.Can you tell me what a hydrocell is and should I be concerned.Myright testicle seems to have less feeling in it or m aybe it is just that I am comparing it to the sensitive left one. thanks
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Hydrocele is collection of fluid around the testis which is harmless but can increase to discomfortable sizes.

It can be happen due to infection, trauma, previous hernia or varicocele surgery etc.

Only if it is painful or very big in size , you need to operate it.

Because of the fluid covering the testis , the sensations can be little diminished.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.