Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

What could cause a "kink" on a penis?

What could cause a "kink" on a penis?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 11 months ago.
HI

Have you noticed that the penis is bending to one side? If yes, since when ?

Is it stable or increasing?

Is it more noticeable during erection? Any pain during erections?

Do you smoke ?

Any recent injury to the penis?

Are your erections good enough?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes for the last several month.

Seems stable

More noticible during erection
. No pain.

Do not smoke

No recent injury to penis

Erections could be better.

Male Age 63

Hi Joseph,

By the description, the most probable diagnosis seems to be peyronie's disease.In this condition there is formation of plaques in the penis which makes it bend to one side because this plaque is not elastic enough to be stretched.

It is usually caused by trauma to the penis.Sexual intercourse not so erect penis is also known to be one of the cause as the penis bends during insertion and causes minor injuries which combine to form a plaque.

The treatment includes colchicine, tamoxifene, arginine and pentoxifylline orally.Penile injections of verapamil are also mentioned.Vacuum therapy is also thought to help.

Last resort is surgery to remove the plaque, but rarely it is required.

This is a rare condition and treatment protocols are not well defined.Seeing an urologist would be recommended before starting treatment.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks Dr. Tharun... this is helpful!

Joseph

welcome
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident