Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
8708167

Tonight my wife and I had sex. When I ejaculated i had a very

Tonight my wife and I had sex. When I ejaculated i had a very bad burning sensation.
Tuesday AM I had a colonoscopy. We have been married for 18 years and both are do not sleep around. I am 51 years old, 6ft 178lbs good health. no high cholesterol blood pressure yesterday was 117/71. This is the first time this has happened. June 2010 I had colon cancer stage 2 with resection no radiation or chemo. What could be the problem
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Are you stressed these days?

Any problems while passing urine?

Blood in urine?

How is the flow of the urine?

Any medications you are taking now?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I am not taking any medication. Normally no problem passing urine flow is ok, Monday night after first prep I ran a fever at 6;30pm approx 99.2 then at 8;30pm approx 100.5 at 10;30 it was 102.5 I went to bed and the next morning it was 99.1 at the doctors office.

Wednesday the day after the colonoscopy I was having problems going and it was very dark. I went to the Doctor did some lab work for kidney infection or urinary tract infection all tests came back clear. I have been thinking about this all night I think I must be dehydrated. Imgoing to try massive amounts of water today and see if that will help. I have an appointment with the doc 9am Friday. And appointments at MD Anderson in Houston May 10-13th here I will see an urologist

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Usually pain while ejaculation indicates prostate infection. Sometimes it can happen if you ejaculate after a long time .
Urine tests can come negative in prostate infection as the prostate gland is deeply seated . But it is a good fact that the urine test is negative ruling out urinary infection.

I would advise you get a rectal examination to get a feel of the prostate. An urine examination after prostate massage can make urine exam more accurate and positive.

If the urine exam comes positive then antibiotics for 4 weeks is recommended. If not then it may not be significant and some painkillers will correct the problem.

Only if the problem persists then further tests like rectal ultrasound may be required.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Dr.Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience: MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.