Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

I live in Mexico and had a laparoscopic bilateral inguinal

I live in Mexico and had a laparoscopic bilateral inguinal repair operation 7 months ago. I have had continual discomfort in the inguinal area on my right as well as testicular pain on my left side. An ultrasound confirmed that I have a hydrocele around my left testicle. I'm told that this simply occurs a percentage of the time and is my bad luck. I was sent to a Urologist and have been told that I need surgery. In my questions about the surgical technique, the Jaboulay procedure was described to me. My questions are:

Is this the best option for me?
Would aspiration be wise to attempt first?
Could I perhaps have a pinched spermatic cord from the surgery that needs to be repaired?

Perhaps I read to much on the Internet, but just like to understand. I wouldn't like to undergo a now second surgery to then be told that I need a third.

Hydrocele repair is a simple surgery and there is no much difference between different techniques.

The basic principle involves opening the sac containing the fluid and keep it open by stitching it.

Surgery is the best option for Hydrocele.Aspiration is temporary and it is bound to return again.So better to avoid it.

If the pain continues even after hydrocele repair, pinched nerve in the groin can be a diagnosis.But nothing has to be done for it as it improves in most of the cases in 1 year and in some cases up to 2 years.

I hope this answers your question.