Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

My kidneys are sore I have frequent urination Im losing weight I

My kidneys are sore
I have frequent urination
Im losing weight
I am a male 47 years old

Since when ?

Do you have fever ?

Do you have pain while passing urine ?

Have you tested your urine ?

History of stones?

Blood in urine ?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About 1-2 weeks,no fever,no pain, no prob passing, no history of stones, no blood, im thirsty all time

HI Peter,

The symptoms suggest a prostate problem which can increase the frequency of urination.Usually prostate enlarges as man ages and it is natural.So to overcome this problem the bladder pushes out the urine more frequently than normal.

Another possibility is stone in the bladder which can cause such symptoms.Urine infection can also increase the frequency of urination.But it is associated with pain, fever etc which you don't have.

You should get an urine test and an ultrasound of the abdomen to rule out these possibilities.

Prostate problem can be managed with medications.Infection needs antibiotics.Stones require surgery to correct them.

Going by the symptoms the most probable diagnosis is prostate enlargement which can be easily diagnosed by your doctor and also easily corrected.

So I would advise you to see your doctor at the earliest opportunity and sort out the problem.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.