Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.

I am looking for ways to treat my hemorrhoid condition. So

I am looking for ways to treat my hemorrhoid condition. So far I have been using creams like preparation H. It doesn't seem to be having a lasting remedy. I drive, A LOT, for my occupation. This definitely inflames the issue. What other options do I have and is the leather seat in my vehicle a contributor to the problem?

Too much sitting is a contributor for the hemorrhoids - as it engorges the veins which then inflames the hemorrhoids.

So avoid sitting for long hours.Use a water ring while sitting for long time.

Other creams like Lignocaine cream can relieve the discomfort.

Sitz bath is also a method to avoid hemorrhoids.It is nothing but potassium permanganate mixed in lukewarm water.Reduce non vegetarian food.Increase water intake and salads.Go to the toilet daily at around the same time.
Avoid smoking and alcohol if present.Avoid late nights too.

Daflon (diosmin and flavonoids) tablets are used to shrink the hemorrhoids and is used as a food supplement.So you can try those too.Continue the preparation H.

All these measures may give you the necessary relief.

If not you are a candidate for surgery.You should see a doctor to discuss it.

If you have any doubts please let me know.