DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177

I have severe sleep apnea. I have had it for years and have

I have severe sleep apnea. I have had it for years and have been using CPAP every night. I cant sleep without it.
For the last 6-12 months I have been urinating in my bed while sleeping. Not just a little pee but a lot of urine. This was never an issue before. Now I'm wearing diapers and still waking up to a completely soaked bed. I have seen my doctor and there is nothing abnormal in my blood work or urine. Do people who have sleep apnea wet their bed? Is this a problem for some/many? Is there a cure or remedy? I haven't seen a urologist yet.
Hello from JA
Have you had vasopressin levels checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what are those?

Anti diuretic hormone..if you do not have enough, then you will tend to wet the bed.

I think that this is in fact not normal.

A urologist is only the first step.

If everything is normal anatomically...then a neurologist.
Vasopression is produced in the brain.
Or at least see an internal medicine doctor.

It pay be there is a prostate problem or bladder problem, but if not further investigation is needed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I had a colonoscopy last year for stomach issues. If it was a prostate issue, would that have been identified earlier. I am perfectly fine when I am awake. My problem occurs ONLY when i'm sleeping.

It is not likely prostate.

Another direction is to follow up with a sleep specialist, have another study with the CPAP on, and make sure things are working there.

Prostate is diagnosed on exam...it likely would have been seen, and you would likely have other symptoms....

But you could have a spastic bladder, so urology is still the first step.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating [smiley face or accept]. But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Wow!!! You are a genius!!! Saw my urologist. Everything about my health is perfect. Weight, height, BMi, sugar levels, kidneys, etc. the problem is that the signal from my bladder to my brain isn't working. It is due to a lack of Vasopression in the brain. Hey doc. They diagnosed me with Diabetes insipidus. I freaked when the dr said diabetes but it has nothing like type 1 or 2 and has nothing to do with sugar levels like i have been told. I am prescribed DDAVP .2mg 3x's before bed. With all the MEDS I'm on for depression and anxiety, this is the only one that works. So diabetes insipidus is nothing like diabetes 1 or 2
That is correct.
Not like diabetes.

I am glad you followed up on this.
And that you are getting treatment.

Thanks for letting me know.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.