Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

Amox/clav 875 was prescribed to me for bronchitis...I only

Amox/clav 875 was prescribed to me for bronchitis...I only took 2 pills, one a day for two days. I stopped taking it

My questions are, I have no illnesses, beside bronchitis, but am having trouble urinating. Are these combo drugs harmful to urinary tract?

I have take amoxicillin before with no problems but not the clav part of this script,

I am on a short timeframe if a urology doctor could respond ASAP, that would be appreciated
Thanks for your question. If I don't respond to you immediately, it is because I am busy with a patient. I WILL get back to you ASAP.

No. The antibiotics are not causing the problem with urinating.

What other medications including over the counter decongestants are you taking for the bronchitis?
If you are taking anything like sudafed or Benadryl or any other inhaler like albuterol, these can all cause difficulty with urination and are the more likely causes of your problem. You will have to stop these medications to improve your ability to urinate.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sir, I took just two small doses of muscinex..but stopped that as well also took one Claritin d
The Claritin D is likely what is causing your problems urinating. This contains pseudoephedrine which can cause problems urinating You shouldn't take anymore of this and it may take a day or 2 for this to wear off.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you sir!