DrKnowsBest, Family practitioner
Experience:  womens health and peds specialty, vast urology experience

I had radiation for lower colon cancer last April. I have been

I had radiation for lower colon cancer last April. I have been left with smaller testicles which do not produce sperm. Is this a non-reversible condition? My family aae grown up, so there is no fertility proble, per se. So, far, my libido is OK, but I have pain on orgasm in the (very rare) occasions I have attempted it since I stopped treatment.
I have seen a uroligist, but he prescribed painkillers and an antibiotic, which did not help.

I would be grateful for some advice on how to handle or improve this situation.

If the urologist thought there was an infectious component.? Gave you antibiotics then you should follow up with them to let them know no better. When it comes to the damage done there is not much you can do to reverse it. That being said if there is fibrosis then stretching called Peyronies stretching may be helpful. Also the at least daily release to keep the pressure down. This means daily ejaculation. For that pain if it Is due to nerve injury or fibrosis from radiation then sometimes a local injection of a cortisone may help. If it has been less than a year there is still some recovery left.