DrKnowsBest, Family practitioner
Experience:  womens health and peds specialty, vast urology experience

3 days ago I was diagnosed with balantis. My foreskin was

3 days ago I was diagnosed with balantis. My foreskin was very swollen and the head of my penis had two blisters. My DR. prescribed a single dose of 150mg diflucan and otc monistat. In the first 36 hours the swelling and infection were reduced but the last 36 hours have seen little or no improvement. I am still extremely uncomfortable and wonder if this is normal? It is Sunday morning and my Dr. is not available. Is there anything else I can do for relief?
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 4 years ago.
You should still be using the monistat. If not continue for up to 2 weeks since fungal infections do take some time to heal. I would call your dr and you might need to extend the diflucan. There's nothing you can really do without prescription but it is a slow course to heal.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How often can I apply the monistat?
Twice a day
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have this occur to me twice. Each time it began after spending time in our hot tub. Short of never stepping inside the hot tub again, what can I do to minimize the possibility of this from happening again before using thehot tub? Can I use some ointment, soap etc. prior to using the hot tub that might help prevent this from happening?
Try half water half tea tree oil mix. This is a natural antiseptic and you can get at local pharmacy or health food store