Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

How many ounces of urine does the male bladder hold before

How many ounces of urine does the male bladder hold before the urge to urinate? also lately I have been having frequent urination at night and I usualy pee between 8-12 oz 5-6 times per night. I am not diabetic I am on lisiniprol 10 mg twice a day and .05 klonopin twice a day. Is this normal? also i was just recently tested for life insurance they checked my urine for leukoyctes, hemoglobin, protein which was 1, (creatine, Which was borderline low 27.8 ) my urine ph was 4.8. Everything appears normal if I had prostate infection or cancer, or a bladder infection would there be any abnormalities?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. If I don't respond to you immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I WILL get back to you ASAP.

Why are you on Klonopin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
anxiety issue, and sleep problem
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
You should normally hold about 5 to 6 ounces of urine before you get the urge to urinate. It sounds like your bladder holds much more than this. You are certainly urinating frequently at night and this is not normal. I would recommend that you get into see your primary doctor to make sure that you don't have problems such as congestive heart failure or obstructive sleep apnea which can cause you to overproduce urine at night. It does not appear that you have a bladder infection on your labs. They did not screen for prostate cancer because they did not check a PSA level on your lab tests. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i recently had an ecg would this show if i had heart failure. I have no shortness of breath or anything but I do tend to have a faster heart rate when walking on teadmill (example this morning heart rate was 138 at 25 mins into my workout walking at 3.7 mph with a very slight incline. Is it possible im just drinking to much water, coffee etc.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
No, just doing an EKG would not detect heart failure. This may only detect heart rhythm abnormalities. Drinking large amounts of caffeine or water can certainly cause you to overproduce urine and you should cut back on all caffeine and limit your water intake if you think you are drinking too much.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
last question and I will accept. My urine is always yellow even when Im drinking lots of liquid. when it finally does turn clear I usually end up going every 15 mins or so. I think possibly the lisiniprol is causing my issues. Is this a possibility?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
I doubt it's the lisinopril that's causing your problem but I guess it is always a possibility. The only way to determine this is to stop the lisinopril but only your primary doctor can do this.