Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

I have back pain in my left side - below the waist. I have

I have back pain in my left side - below the waist. I have had it for about three weeks. sometime the pain is sharp. It is worrying me. I don't think it is my kidney because the pain is low. Today I have lack of energy and just don't feel well.
Thanks for your question. If I don't respond to you immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I WILL get back to you ASAP.

Do you have burning when you urinate or urinary frequency?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no burning, no frequency, but I notice a strong urine smell, no dark urine
This sounds to me like your symptoms may be due to a urinary tract infection causing the low back pain in over to the urine. My recommendation would be for you to get antecedent for a urine culture and you may need to be started on antibiotics to treat this. They can also prescribe something like pyridium to help stop the pain. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If it is a urinary track infection then why do I NOT have pain higher in my back or more central where my bladder sits. Why is the pain on one side? What is a antecedent?

Sorry, that was a typo. It should have read "My recommendation would be for you to get in to see a doctor for a urine culture"

The pain that is isolated to one side may be due to your bladder being tilted over to that side. Alternatively, it could be due to a stone near the bladder on that side.