Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

i have a swollen area between my anus to my scrotum and can

i have a swollen area between my anus to my scrotum and can hardly urinate starting today. i Can't sit and am in constant pain, almost unbearable. I don't know if this is a hemorrhoid. what else could it be. I don't know what to do. My bladder is filling up. an hour ago I was able to leak some urine out.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Y : Thanks for your question. If I don't respond to you immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I WILL get back to you ASAP.
Customer:

I NEED answers now

Dr. Y :

This does not sound lie a hemorrhoid. This sounds like you may have an infection of your prostate called prostatitis. You need to get in to the emergency room for a prostate exam and a urine culture and you'll need to be started on an antibiotic such as Cipro for 30 days for this. The fact that you can't urinate well makes this an emergency. You can take ibuprofen for 1-2 weeks to decrease the pain and inflammation. Your doctor can also prescribe Urelle to stop the pain. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.

Customer:

if u are traveling then please release me

Customer:

should i go to the hospital now?

Dr. Y :

I am not travelling. I am here answering your question

Dr. Y :

Yes, you need to go to the hospital now

Customer:

what do I do this second?

Customer:

Will they use a cathetor....it is Sunday and the best doctors and not in tonight

Dr. Y :

You can try to take 800 mg of ibuprofen now to decrease some of the swelling and pain in the prostate. This is the only thing you can do without seeing a doctor

Dr. Y :

Yes, if your bladder is full of urine, they may have to place a catheter

Dr. Y :

It does not matter if the best doctors are in now or not, this an an urgent problem that cannot wait

Customer:

I injected DMSO into my vein and three minutes later I was able to empty half my bladder

Customer:

do they put me to sleep to place the catheter...i am so afraid of that pain...i've experienced it years ago

Dr. Y :

Why did you inject DMSO? Who instructed you to do that?

Dr. Y :

No. They put the catheter in you while you are awake. Putting you to sleep has great risks (including possible death from anesthesia)

Customer:

I am taking milk of magnesia so that I don't have extra pain of being constipated but the pain of the diarrhea is just as bad....and both sides of the anus are raw and swollen so that the tissue causes pain

Customer:

what is urelle

Customer:

is the pain of insertion unbarable

Dr. Y :

OK. Well regardless of your other problems, this condition now sounds like prostatitis. You are probably in urinary retention and need to have a catheter placed to protect your kidneys and bladder from damage

Dr. Y :

Urelle numbs the urinary tract to stop the pain from prostatitis

Customer:

i have renal cell carcinoma that i've been eating apricot seeds for and has shrunk

Customer:

i donm't have any specialists

Dr. Y :

A catheter insertion is not "painful". It is slightly uncomfortable. The more anxious about it you are, the more uncomfortable it becomes because you end up tensing your muscles during the insertion

Dr. Y :

The renal cell carcinoma has nothing to do with your current issue

Customer:

will the ibuprofen possibly release some of the swelling around my uethra and allow urination?

Customer:

will the ibuprofen possibly release some of the swelling around my uethra and allow urination

Dr. Y :

It likely will not allow you urinate. It can just help decrease the pain. They will probably need to prescribe flomax to help relax your prostate enough so you can urinate

Dr. Y :

The longer you wait, the higher the chance that you need to be admitted to the hospital for kidney failure from urine retention. You need to go to the hospital now.

Customer:

there is red swelling beneath the anus. Is that a common symptom of prostitis?

Customer:

I am just about done, thank you so much...

Customer:

so i don't need a proctologist?

Dr. Y :

No, that sounds like a possible hemorrhoid. That is likely a separate issue ( you may have both hemorrhoids and prostatitis)

Dr. Y :

You don't need any specialists now. You just need a urine culture and antibiotics and flomax and probably a catheter to drain the bladder. Any doctor can do this in the ER

Customer:

but nothing is petruding from my anus

Customer:

i guess internal hemorrhoids are different

Customer:

I am so much pain constantly I want to cry

Dr. Y :

Well I can't determine for sure what this is without examining you.

Customer:

I was taking enormous amounts of oxycontin

Customer:

constipated me

Dr. Y :

Well then you just need to get off the computer and go to the ER. The longer we type back and forth here, the longer your problem goes untreated

Customer:

going to try to urinate...amazing how the injection of DMSO allowed a partial urination. my mother just went to store for ibuprofen and to ask about flomax. is there an over the counter type

Dr. Y :

No, there is no over the counter medicine that acts like Flomax. You can only get this by prescription. This is not any problem you can treat yourself. You need to go to the ER

Dr. Y :

Please do yourself a favor and go to the ER now so you don't harm yourself. Have a good night.

Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience: I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 2 years ago.
Can I help you with anything else? If not, please mark you satisfaction with this answer so I can get credit for helping you. Thanks.