DrKnowsBest, Family practitioner
Experience:  womens health and peds specialty, vast urology experience

I urinated early this morning after having sex last night.

I urinated early this morning after having sex last night. Seaman had accumulated and hardened on the tip of my penis so when it hit the blockage it was obstructed momentarily. I felt a sharp pain and then I emptied out. Within about a minute I started bleeding. That was about 2:30 this morning and I just urinated again and a clotted bloody discharge appeared along with normal colored urine. Is this something that will heal itself or should I set up an appointment with my GP?
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 4 years ago.
If there is no associated pain is likely irritation from the blockage. If the blood continues after 24 hrs, if there is pain or discharge, if you have difficulty urinating then see your gp today. Otherwise lots of water and Vaseline to end of penis for today and give it 24 hrs.