DrKnowsBest
DrKnowsBest, Family practitioner
Experience:  womens health and peds specialty, vast urology experience
9384716

May i know what is Gall Bladder in our body and what role it

May i know what is Gall Bladder in our body and what role it plays ? If there is stone in Gall Bladder , should stone be removed or whole bladder ? What are its complications ? Is it different from Urine Bladder where urine deposits ?
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 2 years ago.
It secretes bile which helps you digest, mostly helps in digesting fats. Many people have gallstones. If you have pain in the right upper abdomen and stones then yes usually the recommendation is to remove so no future problems with infection develop. If this does then it is emergent and more difficult to remove.
Removal of the gallstones alone isn't possible removal of gallbladder is done.
It is an easy surgery- done through two to three small incisions with a scope.
Complications are minimal. Long term effects are minimal maybe some sporadic diarrhea with high fat meals. Nothing related to urinary bladder which cannot be removed and is part of a different system altogether
Good luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As i understand that gallbladder removal is necessary and it is not possible to only remove gallstones , ...................... am i right ?

Please let me know what precautions should be taken by patient after the removal of gallbladder ?

Yes have to remove whole gallbladder
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i m waiting for precautions as in the above question.................

Thanks , going to accept your answer .

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am waiting for your reply to know what precautions should be taken so as to avoid Gallbladder stone problem to happen and if happened and bladder removed , then after that what precautions should be taken ?
O okay gallstones are hard to prevent, preventing a problem means eating healthy low fat. After if removed small meals, well balanced with low fat as high fat meals cause bile to be secreted and without gallbladder and bike might get diarrhea if you eat a lot of fat.
DrKnowsBest, Family practitioner
Experience: womens health and peds specialty, vast urology experience