Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.

My test results are as follows: WBC estease: 1+abnormal wbc:

My test results are as follows:

WBC estease: 1+abnormal
wbc: 6-10 abnornal
Mucus Threads - Present
Bacteria: Few
Everything else is within range or Negative

I'm 60 years old, but I have no symptoms of a UTI. I've had the same results for the last 2 years. Do I need to see a Urologist? My doctor has suggested I see one.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. If I don't respond to you immediately, it is because I am either in the OR or traveling. I WILL get back to you ASAP.

Based on this urinalysis results alone, I don't think you need to see a urologist. Urology consultation is really only wanted if you have persistent documented urine infections based on a urine culture. But if your doctor is not comfortable dealing with what they are finding on your urinalysis, then it may be worthwhile to see a urologist. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is it OK for me to have the same levels each year my yearly checkup with my doctor. She has prescribed antibiotics for me. I have told her that I have had UTIs in the past and I would know if I had one. She really wants me to see a Urologist and I don't think I need too. She doesn't understand why I'm not having any symptoms. So base on my Urine test I should not be concerned with my elevated WBC count and Mucus Threads as Present and Bacteria as Few. Could this also be because I'm post menapausal?