Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of experience as doctor

Often when i urinate i have to really push hard for it to come

Often when i urinate i have to really push hard for it to come out. It's like i take a deep breath and push. it takes a few seconds for the flow to start but as soon as i run out of breath it stops.....and i take another deep breath to push more urine out....and so it continues til i feel like my bladder is empty. Why is this happenning?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 2 years ago.
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are there? Is there any other symptom? Did you consult doctor? Was any test done? Do you take any medicine? Is there any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I havent mentioned it to my dr. I am bipolar and take a lot of meds but if it were the meds surely it would be the same all the time as the meds are the same. I take 600mg lyrica, 60mg prozac, 10mg valium, 30mg zolpidem

Like i say, is it was the meds causing it would it not be like that consistantly and it isn't.

Is there a name for what is happenning to me? Apart from "weird" lol
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

There can be a few probables for your symptoms. It can be due to bladder infection or stone lodged in the bladder. Or it can be due to medicine. In mild cases, the symptoms may not always persistent. You need to consult doctor. It should be sorted out by physical examination of a doctor and investigations. Some tests will be needed to find out the precise diagnosis. An urine test, ultrasound may also be needed if doctor feels necessary. If no other medical cause is detected, then discuss with your psychiatrist whether drug or dose adjustment can be done. If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience: 25 years of experience as doctor